Amazon adds more than a million Aussie customers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Figures from Roy Morgan have revealed global retail giant Amazon added 1.1 million new Australian customers in past 12 months. This brings the total of Aussie Amazon shoppers aged 14 and above to 7.9 million, more than a third of our total population.

The research showed it’s having an impact on local traders. David Jones and Target have lost five and seven per cent of their customer bases each respectively, while Big W and Myer were about even on the past year.

Are you one of the millions of Aussie Amazon? For what’s it’s worth, I am. With the price of everything just going up and up, I can’t justify paying more just because its coming from Australia.

David Ryder
      Participant

Most of the stuff in our shops is not made in Australia, it’s the same product that the online retailers sell coming in from overseas.
      The difference is usually the price with online sellers I have used being about 30% cheaper than in the shops, although things like auto parts can be up to 90% cheaper than dealer prices.
      It’s just how it is and I don’t think this can be changed much.

Mocha
      Participant

I will always have a look at Amazon, but I will also cross check with other retailers to see which company has the best deal (price, postage, sale). Unfortunately, you can’t buy everything Australian made/sold here. The only problem with Amazon is if it is an expensive electrical item that is sold through another party, you can have problems with getting your money back. This happened to me, but luckily after many emails, etc finally got all the money back, but it was a hard slog as was having to deal with a Chinese company.

annie
      Participant

I google the product I am after and it gives you a long list, across the top of the screen of the product and who supplies it. If I can find it at a good price other than Amazon, I’ll go for that one. Usually BigW or good guys etc. I won’t buy from Temu or Shein. Amazon as a last resort.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.